you're just ink


And in other news, I have been banished from my hotlinkfiles account. That is why you will find a few of the older posts with the intense and ugly strikethroughs. If you want me to reupload anything, just give me a yell. I was given a lovely surprise today also, as you may have noticed, my blog and I decided to break up our relationship last week when the hit counter told me I was getting around... zero hits for this place. Basically I took it out to dinner at a nice chinese restaurant, dumped it AND made it pay the bill. But turns out I just forgot to re-install it when I rearranged the template. Hah. We're back together now and I tell you, wild times.

How good is the photo above by the way? I thiefed it from some woman's flickr, all hail Children Collide playing their newest single 'Social Currency'. There isn't much I can say about the single apart from that it seems to be a little more commercial than previously. In other words, less nasty yelling. Indie rock at it's pinnacle, for me at the moment anyway. I shall also upload two other tracks I have been giving a spin a fair bit. Wonderfully Wonderful, think of it of a mixture of Children Collide and Shitdisco, it seems Elle Milano can't decide whether they want a slice of indie or electro rock. And finally for your complete fucking mess of spastic, whiny Australian rock this week I present the Minotaur, the Drones' new single. To make up for the lack of yelling in Children Collide this week, the Minotaur makes up for it in complete lack of control. But what a ride it is. "A half-salute to modern-day sloth, and the painful decisions our future leaders face, between holding the destiny of the world in their hands, or holding another X-Box controller."

Children Collide - Social Currency
(myspace)

Elle Milano - Wonderfully Wonderful (All Of The Time)
(myspace)

The Drones - The Minotaur
(myspace)

Also, a yell and a shout back over to acloudofstarlings from Thrash Mountain.

1 comments:

  1. Check out our cool photo coverage of Children Collide @ Elsewhere Surfers Paradise

    http://lowtonemedia.com/2012/03/photos-children-collide-elsewhere-surfers-paradise/